HOW TO KNOW WHO GOD CREATED YOU TO BE
1. My personality type is ISFP (Introvert, Senser, Feeler, Perceiver). This personality is often identified as the Adventurer/Artist because we are spontaneous/creative but we are also very aware, sensitive to our emotions, and very empathetic toward others.
2. I have had multiple experiences that have confirmed my calling to Music and Missions. I found that if I ever try to get away from either one of these, God will always bring me back so that His plan is fulfilled.
3. I was definitely led to my college to get a business degree and a minor in ministry. God wanted me to be prepared to combine the two.
4. My main spiritual gift is Mercy and I should always be using it to glorify God each day.
5. My leadership style is to lead by example. I am the one who always seeks harmony in a group setting. I want everyone's opinion to be heard and each person to know that they are valued.
6. I value freedom. I don't like to be tied down because it makes me feel like I'm in a box. I would rather take the risky path than go through the same consistent routine everyday. That is why business, music, and missions excite me. They each take risk and may not have a consistent income or schedule. Also, each can make traveling possible and I want to see the world, rather than live in one place.
7. My love language is Words of Affirmation (based off of the book the 5 Love Languages). That means I show and receive love most effectively through kind words and encouragement. I also get hurt easily by critical or offensive words.
8. Even when I was a little girl, I loved fashion. My mom said I always wanted to dress myself and pick out my own clothes. In kindergarten I would have to make sure my socks matched my dress everyday. Also, throughout my childhood I always sang. I sang solos in church, I was in the school chorus, and I did all kinds of musicals. Lastly, I did well in school when it came to writing. I was never very good at math but writing and the arts came naturally to me. Therefore, my main natural talents are fashion, singing, and writing.
9. My purpose statement is "Be full of grace and mercy, overflowing with love". I keep this in mind when making decisions.
10. God has anoited me to be a worship leader. Even when I was young, people told me this because they felt the Holy Spirit when I sang. I also know that I feel the most joy and fulfillment when I am leading people into worship. I know that it's where I belong.
The point of all this is that knowing these things about myself helped me discover what God wanted me to do. So many believers just sit around waiting for direction on what to do next when many times it can be found by simply looking back. God gives us all unique personalities, callings, styles, spiritual gifts, roles, values, love languages, and natural talents. We just have to identify them.
As a result, I pulled all of these areas together in my life and decided that my future should be based around them. Right now, I am in a worship band and I live out my calling/anointing by leading worship on a regular basis. I am a caregiver using my gift of mercy to help a woman who can't help herself. I started an online business, and began this blog to use my fashion/writing talents. I also hope to use my love language to encourage people through the words that I write. Lastly, by doing all these things I am working toward living my dreams and having the freedom that I value. I feel like God is preparing me for a life of missions, music, business, ministry and leadership. Crazy, I know! In the meantime, I just keep my daily purpose statement in mind.
I am not saying that I have my life all put together because I definitely don't. I still struggle with trusting God for direction all the time but knowing these things has at least helped things become more apparent. Plus, I've learned what I don't need in my life, versus what is necessary.
I am so passionate about this and I really hope after reading you will get to know yourself in all of these areas. I pray that each of you will find direction and understand your calling/purpose more clearly as well.
Also, I'm a bit obsessed with figuring out other people's personality types, so that I can see how to relate with them and understand how they are wired. I think it's so interesting to see how we all complete each other in our differences. I would love for each of you readers to know yourself in all of the areas I listed but if anything, at least take a personality test if you haven't already. There is a shorter version of the Myers Briggs at 16personailties.com. Include your results in your comment below, I am so curious!
Of course, feel free to share anything else you have discovered about yourself as well, your callings, spiritual gifts, values, love languages, talents..anything! You now know mine and I would love to get to know you better. Comment or email me <3